- Indoor charging station: EV2430WS, UL listed:
- “6.6W capability built-in“
- “18-ft cable is standard right now, but they’re working on additional options. 18-month warranty is standard, 24-month if installed by approved contractor“. Here are the details on getting Schneider’s “EcoXpert Certification”, for electrical contractors. Interwiki: mnl++
- , with full specs
- , with a few specs
- Pictures of installed Schneider EVSE:
- Feedback on Schneider’s customer service:
- “…pretty amazing at this point“, Jun 8, 2011. Interwiki: mnl++
- Dealer locator.
- Consolidated Electrical Distributors Inc., a dealer in Corona, CA that will sell a Schneider for $750 plus tax. Out-of-state (TX) buyers don’t have to pay tax but will have to pay shipping.
- Here is the sequence of events if the EVSE is going to charge correctly:
- Plug LEAF in
- LEAF does single beep, briefly flashes single blue light
- EVSE displays left green light and timer
- After a delay, EVSE goes dark, then:
- EVSE makes “clunk” noise
- Car beeps twice
- EVSE’s right green light starts flashing
- LEAF’s blue light starts flashing
- Schneider EVSE not start charging:
- A few accounts of the problem:
- Charging does not start until “cancel timer” button is pressed (no timers were set), but this may have been user error.
- “…doesn’t start charging when plugged in“, but eventually did.
- There is a fix (firmware upgrade). A Schneider engineer will need to come out and upload the new firmware. All new units (beginning week of Jul 25) should have the new firmware.
- It seems that if the EVSE needs to make the loud relay-tripping click/clunk if it is going to charge correctly.