- An extensive pictorial tour of the LEAF’s underside: belly pans, motor and its mounts, electrical cabling, suspension and brakes, battery, parking brake, etc.
Forward underbody panel:
Forward underbody panel, removed:
Forward underbody panel, fasteners:
- The LEAF’s doors and hood are aluminum, which fact is easily verifiable with a magnet. The roof, fenders and hatch are steel.
- A quick-release bike hitch by mynissanleaf.com member Electric4Me. It requires couple of holes drilled in the plastic bottom shield.
Here are some pics and a video.
- Another quick-release hitch:
- Fit information for Yakima roof rack.
- LEAF with Yakima roof rack
- LEAF w/ an INNO bike rack, with pics.
- Torklift Central makes a trailer hitch for the LEAF. Here are some instructions on its installation:
- Nissan LEAF accessories: bra, rear splash guards, etc.
- A towing dolly that works with the LEAF: ACME Tow Dolly Company:
- Red LEAF with Webasto 930 Dual Panel sunroof
- White LEAF with mesh grille, blacked out headlights, black “ground effect” pieces, black door handles, Recaro seats:
- LEAF accessories on Nissan Japan Web site (translate with Google Translate:
- LED-lit Nissan hood logo
- Blue LED ring around foglights.
- Body kits: front, side, and rear skirts
- Mud flaps
- Window shields
- Locking charge port shield (encloses charge port when charge port cover is open)
- Charge port light
- LEAF with aftermarket “shark fin” radio antena, from sharkfinantenna.com
- Body side molding in matching LEAF colors, applied with 3M tape.
- Black LEAF with side moldings
- Red LEAF with aftermarket door side molding
- Cayenne Red 2012 SL LEAF w/ body color side molding
- Detailed instructions on installing side moldings.
- White 2011 LEAF w/ matt black “wrap” on hood, roof and hatch
…and information on the “wrap job”.
- Front and rear splash guards:
- LEAF w/ license plate mounted tilted back
- LEAF w/ license plate mounted in front of radiator
- LEAF with license plate mounted on charge port cover
- Pics of gominigo‘s “no-hole” front license plate kit: license plate bracket is screwed into the tow hook receptacle.
Some pics also saved on here:
- LEAF with Skene under-bumper license plate bracket
- Another front license plate mounting idea
- “Opening” above rear license plate is as designed, having no “cover”: it’s present on LEAFs at least up to VIN #7462
However, there is a report of newer LEAF’s having a “small black plastic cover” in that location.
- Recommendations for tint:
- Formula One Pinnacle tint
- “Harper Optic ceramic/IR block tint“
- “Madico Wincos“.
- Madico tint (30%, 92% IR reduction, $300)
- Solargard HP Charcoal (?) tint
Pics of LEAFs with tinted windows
- Gray LEAF w/ tint, TEIN Street Basis coilovers, Enkei RP03, 225/45-18 ET48 (1″ spacer in rear), shark fin antena
- White LEAF w/ tinted windows
- White LEAF with tinted windows and Rays wheels
- Silver LEAF with tinted windows
- Black LEAF with tinted windows: “30% rear hatch, rear windows, and winglet windows next to the mirrors. 70% on front/side windows”.
- Tint strip applied at top of LEAF’s windshield
- 2011 black LEAF with 20% tint:
- 2011 LEAF SV, before and after, Formula One Llumar Ceramic PI30 (30%) tint:
- Silver 2011 LEAF w/ 20% SunTek Carbon tint all around Interwiki: mnl++
- White 2011 LEAF Madico tint (30%, 92% IR reduction, $300):
- Red L2011 EAF with Solargard HP Charcoal (?) tint Interwiki: mnl++
Blue 2011 LEAF with tinted windows Interwiki: mnl++
- Blue 2011 LEAF with tinted windows Interwiki: mnl++
- Removing forward underbody panel.
- Towing: a LEAF being towed on a dolly behind a motor home:
- How to access windshield washer nozzles: “raise hood; insert the screwdriver on the left and right sides of the nozzle in turn and move the handle outwards so that the blade pushes inwards“.
- Adding an external quick-release for the charging port’s door, so you don’t need to go inside the car to release the charging port door: a complete step-by-step pictorial DIY.
- How to jack up a LEAF.
- Mounting the front license plate bracket. Interwiki: mnl++
- Removing the large “Zero Emission” sticker: warm it up with a hair dryer, then remove with a plastic razor blade; remove adhesive residues with “Goof Off”.
The smaller “zero emission” badge’s part number is 80892-3NAQA; it costs about $70.