With a 95 kWh battery pack and dual-motor all-wheel-drive, the Audi e-Tron electric SUV is a straight challenge to the Tesla Model X, and joins the Jaguar i-Pace in competing against Tesla in the luxury electric SUV category.
Audi e-Tron Specs Details
- 0-60 mph – 5.5 seconds
- Top speed – 124 mph
- over 400 km range (250 miles) expected under WLTP test cycle
- 95 kWh battery (36 cell modules, each module is equipped with 12 pouch cells, nominal voltage of 396 volts)
- battery pack weight: 700 kilograms (1543.2 lb)
- dual-motor all-wheel drive – up to 300 kW and 664 Nm in S mode (boost) or up to 265 kW and 561 Nm in D mode. Front motor is 135 kW, the rear is 165 kW (S mode).
- Maximum tow rating – 4,000 pounds when properly equipped
9.6 kW on-board charger (240 V, 40 A) in U.S. and 11 kW or 22 kW three-phase in Europe
- DC fast charging up to 150 kW: 0-80% in 30 minutes. 150kW confirmed
Audi e-Tron vs Tesla Model X
In an ad released by Audi, they take a shot at the Model X’s falcon doors by commenting that a storage box can be put on the roof if you need to carry more cargo than will fit inside the e-Tron.
In it for the everyday adventure. #etron
— Audi (@AudiOfficial) November 27, 2018
Audi E-Tron GT
At the 2018 L.A. Auto Show, Audi unveiled the e-Tron GT concept. It’s scheduled for production in late 2020.
The Audi e-Tron is direct competition for the Tesla Model S.
The e-Tron GT uses a flat-floor architecture and houses a 90 kWh battery. Range is expected to be around 400 km on the WLTP test cycle. The body is manufactured using carbon fiber, aluminum, and supporting elements made of high strength steel.
Peak power output for the Audi e-Tron GT is 434 kW, which will give the GT acceleration of 0-100 km/h in 3.5 seconds.
Charging up to 80% capacity can be done in 20 minutes .
Audi e-tron GT concept:
- 90 kWh battery
- over 400 km (248.5 miles) of range (WLTP)
- dual motor (PMSM) all-wheel drive with torque vectoring
- system output: 434 kW (590 hp)
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in about 3.5 seconds
- 0-200 km/h (124 mph) in over 12 seconds
- top speed of 240 km/h (149 mph)
- 800 V battery system voltage
- fast charging: 0-80% in 20-minutes
- wireless charging at 11 kW
- 450 liters of luggage capacity plus extra 100 liters under the hood
- 4.96-meter length, 1.96-meter width and 1.38-meter height