Warranties, Recalls, Service Bulletins, Etc.
The Nissan Leaf Security+Plus protection plans coverage varies from other Nissan models. As the Nissan Leaf already comes standard with various factory warranties. The Nissan Leaf Extended Warranty coverage is as follows on all Nissan Leaf's.
New Nissan LEAF Plans
- Security+Plus Gold Preferred: Exclusionary coverage of approximately 900 components.
- Security+Plus Silver Preferred: Listed component coverage of up to 600 items.
Pre-Owned Nissan LEAF Plans
- Security+Plus Pre-Owned Preferred: Covers up to 650 components and available in terms up to 84 months from original in-service date or 100,000 miles on the odometer, whichever occurs first.
- Security+Plus Pre-Owned Plus: Additive terms that cover up to 500 components, available in all current Pre-Owned Plus terms.
- A sample pricing for Nissan's Extended Warranty (Security-Plus plan), at Nissan of Santa Rosa.
- The complete Nissan Leaf Warranty Booklet
Nissan Leaf Recalls and TSB Information
- NHTSA's (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) listing of all manufacturers' recalls and service bulletins.
- On Jan 7, 2013, Nissan announces a warranty against capacity loss below nine (9) bars (or approximately below 70 percent) as shown on the vehicle’s battery capacity level gauge for a period of 60 months or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first
"This warranty covers any repairs needed to return battery capacity to a level of nine remaining bars on the vehicle’s battery capacity level gauge. If possible, the lithium-ion battery components will be repaired or replaced, and the original battery pack will be returned to the vehicle. If necessary, the lithium-ion battery will be replaced with either a new or remanufactured battery. Any repair or replacement made under this Lithium-Ion Battery Capacity Coverage may not return the battery to an “as new” condition with all 12 battery capacity bars, but it will provide the vehicle with a capacity level of nine bars or more on the battery capacity level gauge."
Nissan Technical Service Bulletins
- List of Technical Service Bulletins for 2011/2012 LEAF (ZE0).
- Another list of Technical Service Bulletins for 2011/2012 LEAF (ZE0).
Service Recalls, Recalls
- Feb 13, 2012 - Nissan emailed LEAF owners re. "CP P1273 LEAF Software Updates Voluntary Service Campaign":
"Based on the production date of your LEAF vehicle, Nissan would like to offer a complimentary update of the vehicle software. Nissan has added an additional driver-convenience alert designed to notify the driver if their door is opened while the vehicle is still in the "ON" or "READY" mode, and the shift selector is not in "P."
In addition, Nissan has improved both the accuracy of the charging-time estimate on the meter display and the distance-to-empty estimate when using a smartphone or other Internet device through CARWINGS™. The software update also includes various enhancements to, among other things, CARWINGS connectivity, information displays, HVAC operation, and diagnostic systems. "