- 0-60 runs timed by CAN bus data: 9.17 secs with traction control on, 9.21 secs with traction control off.
- Video showing a LEAF being tested:
- Driven through 12" (300 mm) of water, at walking speed, for 13 seconds.
- Hit by lightning (discharged from a Tesla coil) while plugged in to charge (at 3:21, 3:59 4:07 4:40).
- Hit by lightning (discharged from a Tesla coil) while not plugged in to charge (at 5:18, 5:58, 6:08, 6:34, 6:50
- Road tests: in Paris traffic, on autobahn, in Alaska
- ...and pouring water over the quick charge port while plugged in.
- Road & Track's specs of LEAF versus Volt: LEAF has 56/44 weight distribution, versus GM Volt's 61/39.
- Handling tests comparison, from the Road & Track road tests archive: comparison of 2011 Nissan LEAF, 2011 GM Volt, 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt, 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer, 2008 Mazdaspeed 3, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2006 Honda Civic Si, 2006 Mini Cooper S, and 2006 VW GTI:
|2011 Nissan LEAF||2011 GM Volt||2009 Chevrolet Cobalt||2009 Mitsubishi Lancer||2008 Mazdaspeed 3||2009 Subaru WRX||2006 Honda Civic Si||2006 Mini Cooper S||2006 VW GTI|
- Road & Track test: 2011 Nissan LEAF SL-E.
- Data panel from Road & Track's comparison test between a 2011 Nissan LEAF and 2011 GM Volt.
- Road & Track's first impression, Oct 20, 2010.
- "Leaf Test Drives".
- Graph showing acceleration times (speed versus time) of:
Dyno & Competition
- Quartermile times: three runs, averaging 17.42 secs @ 77.97 mph